Selamat Datang di Blog “S3 Pendidikan Teknologi & Kejuruan ini.” Blog ini Saya buat sebagai wadah untuk membagi pengalaman dalam menuntut ilmu di Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta (UNY), yaitu pada Program Studi S3 Pendidikan Teknologi & Kejuruan. Nama Saya Hansi Effendi. Saya staf pengajar di Jurusan Teknik Elektro Fakultas Teknik Universitas Negeri Padang.
Saya mulai mengikuti program doktor (S3) PTK ini pada bulan September 2010. Pada saat Saya menulis postingan ini, Saya sudah berada di akhir Semester 3 dan lagi menunggu jadwal ujian komprehensif. Saya akan berusaha sedikit demi sedikit menuliskan apa-apa saja yang Saya alami ketika belajar di Program ini. Mudah-mudahan bisa bermanfaat bagi yang berminat membacanya.
Oh ya, sambil menunggu jadwal ujian komprehensif ini, Saya juga lagi menyempurnakan proposal disertasi Saya. Mudah-mudahan tidak lama setelah ujian komprehensif nanti Saya dapat juga melaksanakan ujian proposal . Topik disertasi yang ingin Saya angkat yaitu mengenai e-Learning dan pemanfaatannya untuk pembelajaran di Fakultas Teknik.
Itu saja dulu yang mungkin bisa Saya sampaikan pada kesempatan pertama ini, semoga bisa bermanfaat bagi kita semua.
- Vocational education will be efficient in proportion as the environment in which the learner is trained is a replica of the environment in which he must subsequently work.
- Effective vocational training can only be given where the training jobs are carried on in the same way, with the same operations, the same tools, and the same machines as in the occupation itself.
- Vocational education will be effective in proportion as it trains the individual directly and specifically in the thinking habits and the manipulative habits required in the occupation itself.
- Vocational education will be effective in proportion as it enables each individual to capitalize his interests, aptitudes, and intrinsic intelligence to the highest degree.
- Effective vocational education for any profession, trade, occupation, or job can only be given to the selected group of individuals who need it, want it, and are able to profit by it.
- Vocational training will be effective in proportion as the specific training experiences for forming right habits of doing and thinking are repeated to the point that these habits become fixed to the degree necessary for gainful employment.
- Vocational education will be effective in proportion as the instructor has had successful experiences in the application of skills and knowledge to the operations and processes he undertakes to teach.
- For every occupation there is a minimum of productive ability which an individual must possess in order to secure or retain employment in that occupation.
- Vocational education must recognize conditions as they are and must train individuals to meet the demands of the “market” even though it may be true that more efficient ways for conducting the occupation may be known and better working conditions are highly desirable.
- The effective establishment of process habits in any learner will be secured in proportion as the training is given on actual jobs and not on exercises or pseudo jobs.
- The only reliable source of content for specific training in an occupation is in the experiences of masters of that occupation.
- For every occupation there is a body of content which is peculiar to that occupation and which practically has no functioning value in any other occupation.
- Vocational education will render efficient social services in proportion as it meets the specific training needs of any group at the time that they need it and in such a way that they can most effectively profit by the instruction.
- Vocational education will be socially efficient in proportion as in its methods of instruction and its personal relations with learners it takes into consideration the particular characteristics of any particular group which it serves.
- The administration of vocational education will be efficient in proportion as it is elastic and fluid rather than rigid and standardized.
- While every reasonable effort should be made to reduce per capita cost, there is a minimum level below which effective vocational education cannot be given, and if the course does not permit this minimum of per capita cost, vocational education should not be attempted.
(Prosser and Allen, 1925)
Ini adalah topik yang Saya dapatkan pada matakuliah filosofi PTK, yaitu “Vocational Choice.” Topik ini salah satunya dikembangkan oleh John Holland dengan teori “Career Choice“-nya. Teori ini sangat baik sekali jika diaplikasikan di Indonesia untuk memastikan seseorang bekerja sesuai dengan kepribadiannya, karena banyak sekali kita lihat seseorang yang kuliah pada bidang tertentu ternyata malah bekerja pada bidang yang lain. Teori tersebut dapat disimpulkan menjadi enam (6) item seperti tertulis di bawah ini.
- Most person are one of six personality types: Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, and Conventional.
- People of the same personality tend to “flock together.” For example, Artistic people are attracted to making friends and working with Artistic people.
- People of the same personality type working together in a job create a work environment that fits their type. For example, when Artistic persons are together on a job, they create a work environment that rewards creative thinking and behavior — an Artistic environment.
- There are six basic types of work environments: Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, and Conventional.
- People who choose to work in an environment similar to their personality type are more likely to be successful and satisfied.
- How you act and feel at work depends to a large extent on your workplace environment.
Semoga bisa membantu. Ada komentar???